Alpha Hydrox Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener Overview
As we age, there are several life factors that cause dark spots and uneven skin tone. If this applies to you, you should consider adding skin lightening to your anti-aging skin care routine. Many products are used for your entire face, but Alpha Hydrox Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener is different. It is meant to be used only on your dark spots, and it even comes with a special applicator tip designed to make it easy to do.
According to the Alpha Hydrox website, this product, made by Neoteric Cosmetics Inc, can fade dark spots caused by age, exposure to the sun, and hormonal changes by up to 100%. It also enhances collagen production and leaves your skin younger-looking.
Alpha Hydrox Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener uses a combination of 2% Hydroquinone and 10% Glycolic Alpha Hydroxy Acid to lighten skin tone and improve skin texture.
- Hydroquinone is indeed the number 1 recommended lightening ingredient available today. Doctors prescribe it at 4% concentrations, but it is available over the counter at 2%. What it does is inhibit the activity of tyrosinase, which is what causes melanin to be produced. There is, however, some controversy as to the safety of hydroquinone. It is believed by some to cause ochronosis, a permanent darkening of the skin. The FDA, however, has declared that it is safe for over-the-counter use at 2%.
- Glycolic Alpha Hydroxy Acid boosts the effectiveness of hydroquinone. It also refines skin’s texture by enhancing collagen prodution, creating a smoother, more elastic canvas.
- It goes on to add Moisturizing Emollients and Vitamin E to leave skin smooth and soft.
You should use the special applicator tip to apply a thin layer of Alpha Hydrox Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener only to affected areas twice daily. Make sure to let it absorb before applying moisturizer, and always use sunscreen to prevent further darkening. You should see real results within 3 months.
Alpha Hydrox Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener Pros and Cons
Taking a look at the advantages and disadvantages of using a product is a good way to determine whether or not it’s right for you.
Alpha Hydrox Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener Benefits
- It is targeted just for dark spots, so it will last longer than other products.
- Most Alpha Hydrox Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener reviews are from customers who got good results.
- It is inexpensive.
Alpha Hydrox Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener Drawbacks
- Hydroquinone may cause irritation.
- Results require long term dedication.
Where to Buy Alpha Hydrox Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener
You can find Alpha Hydrox products, including Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener locally at Ulta, or online through several health and beauty retailers. Most sell a .85 oz tube for $10 to $17.
If your goal is more about lightening spots than evening out your overall skin tone, then Alpha Hydrox Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener might be just what you’re looking for. The price is right, and the applicator tip allows you to easily use only what you need. That means one tube can last quite a while. Just be aware that the hydroquinone may cause some irritation, and discontinue use if it does.