Proactiv Solution Skin Lightening Lotion Overview
Proactiv Solution is best known for their 3-step acne system endorsed by celebrities in infomercials since the mid 1990s. Thanks to a successful line of products and some powerful marketing strategies, Proactiv is now one of the top selling acne treatment products of all time. Since it’s inception, the company has branched out to treat other skin issues faced by those with acne prone skin.
Proactiv Solution Skin Lightening Lotion is made to fade away the dark spots that blemishes leave behind after they heal. It’s called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, and it’s very common for people who suffer from acne, even if it’s only mild acne. Even after the pimple is gone, it could take months for the discoloration to go away. Proactiv Solution Skin Lightening Lotion makes the process go much faster.
Proactiv Solution Skin Lightening Lotion uses a combination of ingredients to help fade dark spots, even skin tone, and leave you with smooth, soft skin.
- Hydroquinone is the number one dermatologist recommended skin lightening ingredient available. It works by inhibiting the activity of tyrosinase, which is what produces melanin, or skin pigment.
- Glycolic Acid is an exfoliant. It removes the outer layer of skin and encourages new cell growth and turnover. This quickens the results seen by the hydroquinone.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps fight against free-radical damage while healing and nourishing skin.
You should use Proactiv Solution Skin Lightening Lotion twice a day as part of your skin care routine. Instead of months, your spots will be gone in a matter of a few weeks. Always be sure to use sunscreen to help prevent further skin damage and darkening.
Proactiv Solution Skin Lightening Lotion Pros and Cons
The Good About Proactiv Solution Skin Lightening Lotion
- It was developed by dermatologists.
- Its active ingredient is the most highly recommended by dermatologists.
- There are many positive Proactiv Solution Skin Lightening Lotion reviews from satisfied users.
The Bad About Proactiv Solution Skin Lightening Lotion
- The use of hydroquinone is somewhat controversial. It is banned in several countries for its possible association with ochronosis, a permanent darkening and thickening of the skin.
- Many reviewers complain about the unpleasant smell.
Where to Buy
Proactiv Solution Skin Lightening Lotion is not sold in stores. You can get it at the Proactiv website if you are a member. If not, you can find it at Amazon. They sell a 1 oz tube for $20 plus shipping. Proactiv also sells its products through a home shopping network, so you may be able to find a deal there.
Proactiv has a large and loyal following. While their core issue is acne, Proactiv Solution Skin Lightening Lotion is an add-on that seems to be effective for many who use it. The price is just about mid-range, so if there’s a chance it will be effective, Proactiv Solution Skin Lightening Lotion just might be worth a try.